I apologize, this school year has had just a crazy start! And I can't seem to get caught up, but hopefully I'm finding a groove and will be back to blogging on a more regular schedule!
In my last post I mentioned this product but didn't go into too much detail, so I thought I'd share some snippets of it:
It's a Collection of Songs and PDF's for Halloween. Right now there are 18 songs (although there are 2 more that I want to add) and 8 PDF files (which will be added to, maybe not this year but next for sure).
The 8 songs that have PDFs are:
1. Miss White, which is a GREAT chant for ta and ti-ti with first grade. I LOVE that each line has a different rhythm! Here's a rhythm Prep Slide:
2. This one if from the "Pumpkin Patch" song, which contains low la & low ti, but is GREAT for third grade for reading tika-tika. Here's a couple rhythm preparation slides:
And here it is practicing tika-tika:
I've also included the melodic slides that students can read from, if they know ti.
3. Black Cat: this is great for 1st and 2nd grades. Melodically they can't read it (and it's too immature for the upper grades to read) but it has a great descending melodic line at the end that you can have them play on step bells and there's also a small Orff accompaniment part included in the song packet.
Rhythmically, it's great for teaching quarter rest. Here's an iconic preparation slide:
4. El Reloj do la Calavera. This is a favorite of mine! I learned it from Carol Brown during my level IV Kodály class at Portland State University, over 10 years ago and I use it EVERY year!
My third graders aren't able to read ti-tika and we're not preparing it yet, so I use it for review with my 4th and 5th graders. It's fun to act out.
The clock strikes ONE
There are ti-tika preparation slides (as shown below) as well as practice slides. It's a chant, which helps make the Spanish a little more accessible to non-Spanish speaking students. I use to teaching in a 75% Spanish fluent school. At my current school 99% are English speaking with less then 1% ESL.
5. This is an all-time favorite of mine and I include two versions. I know it as "Witch, Witch," but a lot of people know it as "Old Mother Witch." A PDF is included for both versions:
Both PDF files include a lyric slide:
Iconic rhythm slides:
Iconic melodic preparation slides (without the staff)
Iconic melodic preparation slides on the staff:
Notational melodic practice slides.
6. Pumpkin, Pumpkin, another favorite. Okay, I admit it, I love them all! This is great for do-pentatonic reading and also for tika-tika.
A lyric slide,
Rhythmic iconic preparation slides
Rhythmic iconic preparation slides with known rhythms:
Rhythm practice slide:
Melodic preparation slides:
Melodic preparation slides with known solfége
Melodic presentation slide:
Melodic iconic practice slides
Melodic notational practice slides in F-do:
7. Old Mother Witch (is similar to Witch, Witch)
8. Halloween, Halloween, which also has an Orff accompaniment.
You can find this at my Teachers Pay Teachers store!
I will be having a TpT sale fo 10% off this month, but if my Facebook page gets up to 100 likes I'll change it to 20%! You can help me hit this milestone by liking the Facebook page by clicking here.
Oh! And for every $25 you spend at my TpT store, now through October 31st you can earn $5.00 in credit. DO NOT add the free file(s) to your cart. Instead, once you make your purchase, email me with your TpT name, the amount of free files you earned and what files you would like me to send you. I typically answer all my emails in less than 24 hours.
**** My email address was hacked and I can NOT receive emails at this time. Please email me at this account.